Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Remembering the Souls of Light and Dance


My dear Adamahniks are in my heart. So beautifully, so strongly - their music, their passion, their brilliant minds that strive to fight for freedom, truth, world kindness to the amazing balance of our environment with our souls and bodies. We planted gardens to feed our hearts and the communities in the field called Earth. We learned that spirituality, meditation, light are all part of our world. The way we work in the garden is how we live, play, work in the world. My current work is in historic research: and as I sit in Toronto learning about various literary figures of nineteenth century Ukraine who grew and molded the minds of today's Ukraine, I am reminded by my last summer. This summer I am in my lonely bliss, working in solitude. Last summer the difficulty of living with others made me stupidly blind to the compassion of each soul. And maybe there really is no such thing as too late, because the fullness of each person is singing in my heart as I sit working on historic peace.


We spoke of kindness, we worked on keeping the garden from flooding, we discovered how to live in nature every day, learning how to grow peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, how to harvest in a way that would preserve our hard work. We celebrated the fruit and the vegetables as we harvested and smelled and picked. We complained about bees, flies, ticks, sun, rain, even stars. I walked late at night and stared at the beautiful stars below my feet, reminding myself of a promise that would never be fulfilled - my mother and the jar of fireflies that I would collect for her.

Now as I sit in constant desire and need of meditation and pass my free time in meditative peace, trying to see my way through life, discover my future and the only path for my soul, I remember the time when I said I would never meditate again. And what I realize is that the stubborn hatred of the healthy love in me is a result of saying never - that the love of those I misunderstood or stubbornly judged is tenfold because of the difficult time I had in clearing my bias. My humility (and I thank you Sarah for teaching me this word in the important meaning it holds) is stronger as I live in a blooming love of those amazing human beings with who I spent three beautiful months at Adamah.


As Tali perfectly put it, my sisters and brothers, who are so so so angelic and wonderful! Where are you now? What great deeds have you been achieving? How have your amazing lives been winding through the last year of winds, rains, turmoil, earthquakes, spills, summits, world events, and simple enjoyment of your own person, your wonderful lives?

1 comment:

  1. Olenka, it is so beautifully written. I hope, I am not the only one who reads it. I know that there is an Adomah internet sight. It would be great if people can read your essay over there.

    ReplyDelete