Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

In Zealous Expectation

So, a few friends may know that I am currently planning a little trip to Eastern Europe. Some have said that this is a trip in search of love. Let's hope that this is not the case because knowing me I would fall into a bottomless abyss and never return (at least not for a couple of years). For now this will be quite a journey.

Krakow - land of Joseph Conrad, of the Sejm, of cathedrals and ancient synagogues. Among my interests is the music, though there will be many more themes to this excursion. I plan on following the musicians as though an invisible string was sewn from their fiddles to my heart. Let the fiddles pull, the basses sway, and the tambourines lift. If there is one love I am after and almost certain to fall hopelessly into, it will be the endless music that I will seek.

Maybe this should be called a soul searching trip for now. The land of puppets, hidden secrets, solidarity, ancient musicians and boiled cabbage. Oh yes, the Poles are good for their heroics, but they are also a central part of the mysterious shimmering CentraWesternEasternEuroSlavic ever changing all- and noplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment